Wednesday, July 28, 2004

Record-breaking heat in Tokyo

It's taken me a while to post it, but July 20 was officially a record-breaking day with the temperature reaching 39.5 degrees Celsius or 103.1 Fahrenheit. Apparently, this was the hottest day since 1923, when the government began keeping records. I try not to think about this too much because it just makes me feel even worse.

I don't know why it is that hot weather seems to follow me no matter where I go, and I'm a person who can't stand hot weather! When I went to live in Las Vegas, Nevada to be near my daughter, there was record-breaking heat. The day I was driving around and my indoor temperature gauge read 122 Fahrenheit, I decided to move. Then I went to Eugene, Oregon and that summer got up to 106 Fahrenheit, another record-breaker. Now I'm in Tokyo, and. . .well, you get the picture.

No comments: