Saturday, June 26, 2004

All the little critters

I saw a woman this morning out walking her two Welsh corgies. They're such strange looking dogs with their big chests and those short legs. I also saw a guy walking his very beautiful golden retriever. A couple of nights ago, I saw a man walking his smallish husky-type dog. I felt sorry for it with all that hair in this hot climate. I've also seen quite a few beagles. There was one little dog I got to pet who looked like a small fox. It had longish red fur, a very long pointy nose, small perky ears, and a bushy tail. I asked the man walking it if it was a puppy, but he shook his head no and held up two fingers, so it must have been two years old.

A few mornings ago there was a little black kitty who ran after people walking down the sidewalk, just crying and crying. It really broke my heart because it just looked so desperate to find its owner or to be picked up. I had my window open and heard it crying for at least 30 minutes. It wasn't the kind of cry of a cat in heat, it was a "I'm lost, somebody help me!" kind of cry. This was the second kitty now that I've seen in my neighborhood, and both times I've wanted to pick it up and take it home. It's so hard not having my own kitty!

No comments: