Sunday, June 27, 2004

Dogs on parade!

It seems that everyone in Tokyo has a dog, and they love them dearly and take them everywhere! I'm going to have to start taking pictures of them. Most of the dogs are tiny, but I've seen a woman walking her black lab early every morning near the guesthouse. I've also seen a yellow lab, but big dogs are rare for obvious reasons. Tonight when I came home--around 6pm--it seemed that my entire neighborhood was out walking their dogs. It looked like a dog parade. How cute!

I saw a cute little kitty on the way home from work Thursday night. I was so startled to see it running toward me on the sidewalk! It was around 10pm, and I have never seen a cat in my neighborhood. The street is narrow, but cars go up and down it very fast, so I was terrified that the little kitty might dart out into the street. How nerve wracking! I spoke to it, and it had the most interested look on its face, like it wanted me to pick it up and take it home. Oh, how I wanted to! I just kept walking and didn't look back--as cars drove madly down the street. People here don't let their animals stray, so I worried that it had gotten out accidentally.

I hope it got home safely.

No comments: