Monday, June 07, 2004

Things that go bump in the night

When I got back to my room tonight I changed clothes and reached into the closet for my little basket with soap, washcloth and toothbrush. As I picked it up, out ran this enormous cockroach! I screamed and threw the washcloth down on the floor, which happened to land right on top of the creature, so it stopped running and hid under the cloth. I didn't know what to do, so when in such a situation, call a man! I ran down the hall to a room where the door was open slightly and knocked on the door. It happened to be the room of a really nice Indian guy. He came, laughing, to see what it was that had scared me so badly. When he picked up the cloth, the cockroach ran over to my futon and hid under it. Aaarrrgghhh!!! UNDER MY FUTON! The guy just laughed and laughed and said not to worry, he would get it, which he did. On parting with the creature dangling dead, between his fingers, he said it was "that time of year." He said, "they come out with the heat." GREAT! That kind of news I don't need!

So now I'm trying to decide if I can go to sleep tonight--on the floor--and not visualize things crawling on me. I hate this!

No comments: