Saturday, June 26, 2004

Latest discoveries

David told me that men are not allowed to try on shirts before buying them. I guess you just have to hope that you picked the right size! You can't return them for another size either. Weird system, isn't it? I guess men are supposed to know their exact measurements and buy accordingly.

One of the teachers at work told me how much it costs to get a driver's license. Are you sitting down? Unbelievably, it costs $3,000 to get a driver's license and about $2,500 to get one to drive a motorcycle. I said, no way, that can't possibly be true. That must include driving school or something else! But, several of the teachers told me it was true. I still can't believe it! I don't know if it's to discourage people from driving (and clogging the roadways even more), to fill Japan's government coffers, or what the deal is! Does that mean only the rich can afford to drive a car? Seems like it.

No comments: